10 Inspirational Quotes that’ll make you Rock your Business
Let’s be real for a moment – running a business can be draining. Even if it’s your dream job, or a lifelong aspiration, at one point or another, it will sap your energy. And at times when your company gets hit with extreme adversities, or when it seems like you’ve hit a wall, then it is inevitable: you need a quick boost of morale, otherwise you can’t make it.
Luckily, we have compiled a list of 10 inspirational phrases spoken by business gurus, inspiring figures and visionaries themselves. Revel in these positive quotes and fire up your motivation once more:
“Always think outside the box and embrace opportunities that appear, wherever they might be.”
– Lakshmi Mittal, chairman & CEO of ArcelorMittal.
“If you can push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.”
– Marissa Mayer, president & CEO of Yahoo!
“There are many people who will be standing between you and your dream. At least don’t let yourself be one of those people.”
– Farhan Masood, self-taught Pakistani technology inventor.
“The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity.”
– Peter Drucker, Austrian-born American management consultant, educator, and author.
“Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.”
– Jack Welch, business executive, author, and former chairman and CEO of General Electric.
“In the modern world of business, it is useless to be a creative, original thinker unless you can also sell what you create.”
– David Ogilvy, advertising tycoon, also called the “Father of Advertising”; founder of Ogilvy & Mather.
“There is more credit and satisfaction in being a first-rate truck driver than a tenth-rate executive.”
– B. C. Forbes, financial journalist and author, founder of Forbes magazine.
“The golden rule for every business man is this: ‘Put yourself in your customer’s place.’”
– Orison Swett Marden, inspirational author and founder of SUCCESS magazine.
“I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better. I think that’s the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.”
– Elon Musk, business magnate and investor; founder, CEO, and lead designer of SpaceX; co-founder, CEO, and product architect of Tesla, Inc.; co-founder and CEO of Neuralink; and co-founder of PayPal.
Last, but certainly not the least, we have a quote as remarkable as the person who uttered it:
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
– Steve Jobs, American entrepreneur and business magnate; chairman, CEO, and a co-founder of Apple Inc., chairman and majority shareholder of Pixar, and the founder, chairman, and CEO of NeXT.
It is completely natural to feel defeated even while doing what you love, especially when the negativity overpowers the positivity. In fact, Oscar POS itself had to face its own share of adversities when stood against the giant legacy POS software. If Oscar could trump them all by launching a tablet-based POS software in Pakistan, made to create an effective businessman out of anyone – regardless of privilege – then so can you. What matters is the drive to achieve greatness.
So go out there – be great.